Concern over environmental degradation has probably existed ever since man discovered fire. The rapid growth in environmental legislation and other policies are likely to be strengthened in the future and this will affect the way in which every business is run and the way in which managers must recognize their responsibility, not only to a company, but also to the environment in which it operates.
More and more industries in this country are going in for ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certification to demonstrate their seriousness and commitment towards environmental protection and prevention of pollution.
With the advent of sustainable development and the change in consumer attitudes towards environmental issues, industry in general needs to provide the services and products demanded by consumers with a minimal environmental impact at all stages of production. The first aim of a company seeking to become environmentally pro-active in this way is to set up an Environmental Management System (EMS)
The benefits of implementing an EMS (ISO 14001) cover many areas, including improved environmental performance, reduced operating costs, better financial performance, increased access to markets, regulatory relief, fewer accidents, enhanced community relations, improved customer relations, and employee involvement and education.
While in the medium to long term, TQEM will have a greater influence on sustainable development due to its philosophical approach and higher societal dimensions.
This course provides practical strategies for successfully applying TQEM and EMS in the environmental field, focusing on the managerial behaviors critical to an effective quality program. Participants will examine how TQEM can be used to minimize hazardous waste production, reduce disposal and treatment costs, identify ways to recycle/reuse materials, achieve regulatory compliance and reduce the possibility of excessive fines, develop inexpensive cleanup alternatives, and improve public awareness.
- Achieving continual improvement with an EMS (ISO 14001) and TQEM
- Achieving effective sustainable management of resources by transforming it into a learning organization
You will learn about :
- The core planning aspect of environmental management-regulatory & impact issues
- Writing an effective environmental policy and undertaking an initial environmental review
- Developing and delivering meaningful objectives and targets
- Analyzing and establishing operational controls and the importance of managing change
- Making sense of TQEM and EMS auditing as well as understanding TQEM implementation process
- Introduction To TQEM
- TQEM And ISO 14001 (EMS)
- TQEM Hard Tools
- Process Mapping
- ABC and Pareto Diagram
- Root Cause Analysis
- Brain-writing and Brainstorming
- The Suitable Solution
- Action Plan
- TQEM Soft Tools
- Cores of TQEM
- Environmental Added Value Communication Strategy
- Building Commitment
- TQEM Self – Assessment Matrix
- TQEM using CGLI Matrix-
- Environmental Self-assessment Program using GEMI Matirx
- The Implemantation Of TQEM
- Introduction to TQEM Tools
- Key Customers Measurement Identification
- PDCA Cycles
- TQEM Measurement
Presentation, lecture, case study, brainstorming, discussion
Who Should Attend :
Supervisor, Staff atau Leader yang ada di departemen lingkungan dan juga yang bertanggung jawab dalam proses kegiatan dalam proses pengelolaan limbah di perusahaan.
Cesaria Eka Yulianti, ST., MT