The IT Audit course is designed to provide a practical view in conducting IT audit and assurance in one organization. The course is designed to support professional staff to expand their understanding of information technology (IT) audit. The course presents a more in-depth view of the fundamentals of IT auditing by highlighting topics such as IT audit and control analysis, the examination of control evidence in conducting IT audit, application control, and management of IT audit.
The course will include discussion and exercises related to general control examinations and application system auditing. The course will also focus on control research and analysis for IT-related topic areas. Also, through discussion and exercises, students will gain a working understanding of the process of developing audit work programs.
Participants will be expected to gain a working understanding of how to identify, reference, and implement IT management and control policies, standards, and related auditing standards. Regarding the latter, the objective is to learn how to identify and interpret the requirements of the standards and. implement the standards in the auditing process.
Each class session will include a discussion on an IT audit management, security, control, or audit issues that participants should be familiar with.
- Participants shall obtain an expanded understanding of the role of IT auditors in evaluating IT-related operational and control risk and in assessing the appropriateness and adequacy of management control practices and IT-related controls inside participants’ organization
- Participants shall obtain the capability in conducting IT audit and implement techniques in performing assurance, attestation, and audit engagements
- Participants shall obtain an expanded familiarity with the principle references in IT governance, control, and security as related to IT audit
- Participants shall obtain the working ability to plan, conduct, and report on information technology audits
- Participants shall obtain an understanding of the role of IT auditors regarding IT-related compliance and regulatory audits, such as evaluating control standards
- IT Managers
- Security Managers
- Auditing Staffs
- IT Operation Staffs
- Introduction to Information Technology Audit
- Conducting Information Technology Audit
- Management Controls
- Application Controls
- Evidence Collection and Evaluation
- Managing the IT Audit Function
- Case Study
Dr. Ir. Fauzi Hasan. MM, MBA, and Team