Construction of generation plants, transmission, and distribution of electrical energy systems is a costly business. At both levels of national grid systems and local industrial plants, two important aspects are at the heart of this strategic industry. These are the reliability of energy delivery to meet customers’ demands and safe operation. At different stages of energy processing i.e. at the generation, transmission, and energy delivery stage, protection of personnel and equipment is of prime importance. To achieve these goals, protection schemes are to be employed. The philosophy adopted in any protection scheme is to clear faults with a minimum system disruption, at a high speed, and in a simple and economical way. The course deals with different types of protection schemes used in large networks and those adopted in industrial plants. It describes some of the important components such as relays, comparators, and other protective gear, and techniques and calculations used for their settings. The course also reflects on recent development and what are new in this important field of the electricity industry.
- On an organizational level
- It introduces the subject of protection as an art where technical and economical constraints are to be met and compromised to achieve certain engineering requirements.
- Learn to develop and manage well-protected plants that lead to higher security, fewer outages and hence better profitability.
- The course introduces new technologies used in relaying systems such as microprocessors and computer relaying which put organizations at the forefront of modern electricity industries.
- Helps organizations in making appropriate decisions at times of system expansion or in situations where new developments become necessary.
- Help organizations to understand causes of system failures means available for remedies and hence better system management and operation with minimum investment.
- Personal Impact
- Introduces and acquaints attendees with different components used in protection schemes.
- Ability to perform some basic essential calculations required for relay settings.
- Establishes confidence in dealing with protection schemes installed for protecting personnel equipment to guarantee flow of energy.
- Learn how to assess protection performance.
- Add knowledge on how to improve the security level by designing better protection systems with the aim to improve performance.
- Learn about error sources introduced by some protection scheme components and how to overcome them.
- Fundamentals of Protection Practice and Basic Technology
- Protective Gear.
- Speed, Stability, and Sensitivity
- Circuit quantities & conventions
- Fault calculations
- CTs Requirements
- Error in CTs and compensation
- Accuracy limit the current of CTs
- Class X CTs and linear CTs
- Transients in CTs
- Practical conditions
- Static Relays
- Circuits using analogue techniques
- Digital techniques
- Output and Tripping circuits
- Electrical Interference
- Future trends
- Protection Schemes and substation design diagrams
- Generator protection
- Motor protection
- Transformer protection
- Line Protection
- Substation Design Diagrams
- Differential protection
- Classification of differential protection
- Direction comparison
- Circulating current and balanced voltage systems
- Transformer differential protection
- Differential protection for generators and rotating machines
- Line differential protection
- Busbar-differential protection
- A differential system with multiple restraint
- High impedance differential system
- Industrial Power System Protection
- Busbar arrangement
- HRC fuses
- Industrial circuit-breakers
- Infeed fault current from induction motor
- Automatic changeover systems
- Voltage and phase reversal protection
- Private generation
- Installation, testing, and maintenance of protection systems
- Installation of protection equipment
- Testing protection schemes.
- Pre-commissioning tests,
- Installation resistance measurements
- Secondary injection tests
- C.Ts tests
- Periodic maintenance
- Setting and testing numerical protection
Managers involved with energy management, Electrical engineers, and Technical Staff who have to deal with the aspect of electrical and industrial power system protection, control, and operation.
Presentation, discuss case study.
Tugino, ST.,MT dan Tim
Having knowledge and experience as a practician and trainer in Electricity Maintenance.