This course is ideal for IT professionals, IT audit professionals and compliance specialists who are working towards Sarbanes Oxley compliance in an organization.
Due to the learning and practical examples provided in this course, the course is further very relevant to organizations who are facing or are going to be facing compliance requirements of various kinds.
In an easy to understand and step by step approach learners will understand the reasoning behind the Sarbanes-Oxley act and the implications of the Act on IT Participants learn how COBIT can be used to comply to the Sarbanes Oxley requirements using case studies and practical examples. A best practice roadmap towards compliance is used to achieve compliance with Sox or with other regulatory compliance requirements. This roadmap is complemented with industry case studies of various organizations that faced Sarbanes-Oxley compliance already
- The scope and depth of the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- The sections of the Sarbanes Oxley Act relevant to IT
- Why organizations should comply with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- How to effectively use CobiT in meeting compliance requirements
- A roadmap to Sarbanes Oxley compliance for IT departments using COBIT
- Various approaches organizations have taken to comply with Sarbanes Oxley
- Case studies from organizations having used COBIT framework to prepare for SOX compliance
- How to sustain Sarbanes Oxley compliance
IT Consultants, internal and external Audit management, IT management, Sarbanes Oxley implementation team.
- CobiT for Sarbanes Oxley IT Compliance
- Course Introduction
- An Overview of the US Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Complying With the US Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- The US Sarbanes-Oxley Act in Detail
- Role of IT in Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- COBIT for Reliable Financial Reporting
- Implementing Sarbanes-Oxley Act Compliance
- Implementation Approaches
- Sustaining Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Case Study
Dr. Ir. Fauzi Hasan. MM, MBA, and Team