In today’s competitive, complex, fast-paced global economy, organizations cannot stand still and should always prepared with the capability to preserve high business resilience.
This course is geared towards developing a better understanding of the challenges, techniques, burdens, and successes associated with initiating and implementing Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) within organizations. Therefore, the objective of the course is to prepare managers and their staffs to meet the challenges to obtain high business resilience.
The qualification contains a number of practical sessions, designed to build on the ‘taught’ components of the module, and to encourage debate and the sharing of knowledge and experience between participants.
The qualification promotes a hands-on approach to Business Continuity Management, making use of current standards, enabling participants to make immediate use of the module on their return to their organisations.
If the participants are responsible for or involved in a BCM/BCP program, this course will provide the participants with underpinning knowledge of the behavioral issues associated exercising BCM and implementing BCP in an organization life, and of many key models and tools used by practitioners to address these issues effectively.
On completion of this module, delegates will have a detailed understanding of :
· The function of and the need for Business Continuity Management within an organisation
· The Business Continuity Management Life-cycle
· The main components of a Business Continuity Management programme
· The need for Risk Assessment within Business Continuity Management
· The options for development of a Business Continuity Management strategy
· How to prepare and develop plans for Business Continuity Management response
· The need for exercising, maintenance and review of plans
· The need for embedding Business Continuity Management awareness within the organisation
· Senior change managers; whose responsibilities include business continuity and business resilience
· Managers responsible for benefits realization through business continuity management
· Members of a program management team
· Managers of business teams or staffs at any level whose work relates strongly to business continuity
Module 1: Introduction to Business Continuity Management
Module 2: Business Continuity programme management
Module 3: Understanding the Organisation
Module 4: Determining the Business Continuity strategy
Module 5: Business Continuity response
Module 6: Exercising, maintenance and review
Module 7: Embedding Business Continuity awareness in the organisation
Kunto Wibisono, SE, M.Si, CHRA