The Certified Data Centre Professional course is a two-day course designed to expose participants to the key components of the data centre. If will address how to setup and improve key aspects such as power, cooling, security, cabling, safety etc. to ensure a hi-available data centre. It will also address key operations and maintenance aspects.
However the ever changing technologies put an increasing pressure on the data centre managers together with a faster pace in which these changes are required.
In addition to this, there is a vast number of companies where the data centre is a shared responsibility between the IT and Facilities divisions, each having their own values and standards to which they believe a mission critical site ought to be running.
This course brings participants up to speed with the data center design, maintenance and operations, valuable lessons which will enable a hi-available, flexible, safe and efficiency mission critical data.
At the completion of the course participants shall benefit from the course such as:
- Obtain an understanding about the infrastructure of the data centre
- Learn both the standard and the best practices of a data centre professional
- Gain awareness of potential environmental threats towards the data centre and solutions against such hazards.
- Learn techniques to increase the efficiency of the data centre
- Be able to perform maintenance on the data centre
- Be aware of the safety and security practices at the data centre
The primary audience for this course is an IT, Facilities or Data Cen-tre operations professional working in and around the data centre and having responsibility to achieve and improve hi-availability and manageability of the data centre.
- The data Centre, its Importance and causes for downtime
- Data Centre Standards and best practices
- Building construction
- Raised Floor/Suspended Ceiling
- Power Infrastructure
- Electro Magnetic Fields
- Cooling infrastructure
- Designing a Scalable Network Infrastructure
- Fire suppression
- Data Centre monitoring
- Operational Security and Safety Practices
- Maintenance Contracts/SLA/OLA
- IT service management based on ITIL/BS15000/ISO-20000
- Case Study
Dr. Ir. Fauzi Hasan. MM, MBA, and Team